(2) Tilt pilot and copilot seats back if tilt capable. Otherwise remove seats.
(3) Open upper shock strut access doors, and External Stores and Shock Struts hard point fairings.
(4) Remove soundproofing and drip pan from main transmission. Remove soundproofing from sides and
ceiling of cabin interior.
(5) Remove aft cabin bulkhead doors and cargo netting.
(6) Open tail rotor drive shaft covers.
(7) Remove intermediate gearbox fairing.
(8) Remove tail rotor gearbox fairing.
(9) Remove tail landing gear shock strut access covers, both left and right. Illustration denotes location for
Blackhawk and PAVE HAWK only.)
(10) Open pylon fairing, cowling, and doors.
(11) Remove quad bay cover.
(12) Fold tail pylon section Navy only).
2.2.3 JACE Indicators and Detailed Inspection Instructions: The JACE Indicators are grouped by aircraft
sections in a functional inspection sequence starting with the nose of aircraft rotating counterclockwise
around the aircraft from top to bottom. The JACE Checklist is sequenced in the same order. The detailed
inspection instructions by aircraft section and figure references are as follows: