(2) Ferry Status.
(b) BHTI or Special Operations Forces Support activity will inspect DD 250 aircraft prior to those aircraft departing
for ferry to final destination.
d. Maintenance Trainers (Category A and B). Same as paragraph 1. a.
e. Component/Parts in Stock Including War Reserves at All Levels (Depot and Others). Upon receipt of this TB,
Depot and Materiel Activity Activity Commanders will ensure materiel condition tags of all items in all condition codes
listed in paragraphs 6. and 7. are annotated to read TB 1--2840--263--20--03 , Inspection of First Stage Nozzle Shields,
not complied with.
(1) Wholesale Stock. Not applicable.
(2) Retail Stock. Upon receipt of this TB, Commanders and Facility Managers maintaining retail stock at installation
level and below shall contact supporting aviation unit to perform procedures in accordance with paragraphs 8. and 9. on
subject materiels. Dispose of discrepant materiels in accordance with paragraph 10. Report compliance with this TB in accor-
f. Components/Parts in Work (Depot and Other Levels). Depot and Other Maintenance Activity Commanders will
ensure items listed in paragraphs 6. and 7. are not issued until they are in compliance with this TB.
2. Task/Inspection Suspense Date. Complete inspection in accordance with paragraph 8. within the next 10 flight
hours but not later than 28 December 2001 and report in accordance with paragraph 14. a. (2) no later than 4 January
3. TAMMS Reporting Compliance Suspense Date. Report compliance in accordance with paragraph 14. a. (1) no later
than 8 January 2002.
4. Summery of Problem.
a. Rolls Royce has reported in Commercial Engine Bulletins that some 1st. stage nozzle shields have developed
cracks at the dome braze joint and progressed into the dome. Cracking has caused a small piece to fall out of the dome.
A turbine section was damaged in one case resulting in a vibration but with no loss of engine performance noticed. Rolls
Royce has taken corrective action by releasing new 1st. stage nozzle heat shields P/N 23073566 or P/N 23073533 with
a different braze material that do not require this inspection.
c. The purpose of this TB is to:
(1) Inspect aircraft records to determine current engine operating hours.
(2) Require inspection of engine to determine if discrepant 1st. stage nozzle shield with P/N 23062752 or P/N 23062750
are installed and to require shield replacement if cracks are found in nozzle shield dome just ahead of braze joint.
(3) Establish recurring inspection for engines over 600 hours operating time that have P/N 23062752 or P/N 23062750
1st. stage nozzle shields installed until shield is replaced with latest nozzle shield P/N 23073566 or P/N 23073533.
5. End Items to be Inspected. All OH--58D aircraft.
6. Assembly/Component(s) to be Inspected.
NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER
All Part Numbers
All Part Numbers