188.8.131.52 NDI Equipment Settings.
a. Make the following initial settings on the Eddy Current Inspection Unit, NORTEC-19eII.
- 200 KHz (Aluminum) 1500 KHz (Titanium)
- (56_ Aluminum and Titanium)
b. Refer to Eddy Current Method, paragraph 1.4.11. Set up on test block as follows:
(1) .Null probe on test block.
(2) .Adjust phase as required to obtain horizontal lift-off.
(3) .Move probe over all three notches in test block. Adjust gain to obtain a three block vertical
signal when probe is passed over 0.040-inch notch in test block. (See the standard
instrument display shown in Figure 1-7.)
184.108.40.206 Inspection Procedure. Refer to Eddy Current Method, paragraph 1.4.11 and Figure 6-11.
Figure 6-11. Nonferrous Flight Control System Push-Pull Rods