Figure 1. CADU Display and Keypad
b. The Control and Display Unit, see figure 1.
1. Power ON/OFF. The OFF position opens the circuit and shuts off the electrical power supply to the unit.
The ON position provides electrical current to the unit when the power source is connected.
2. Function Keys. The four function keys (F1, F2, F3, and F4) provide the operator with the ability to select
functions from within each menu. Functional keys are also used to enter alphanumerics in tail number
3. Arrow Keys. Four arrow keys (UP, RIGHT, DOWN, and LEFT) on the lower right corner of the CADU
move an inverse video cursor to highlight the various selections that the user will be making. Execution
of the highlighted menu selection is accomplished by pressing the DO key.
4. DO Key. The DO key, located on the right-hand side of the CADU front panel, executes the operator
selected menu item.
5. QUIT Key. In the DISPLAY mode, pressing the QUIT key will step the user back through previously
displayed screens to return to the beginning of the selections. In the MEASURE mode, the QUIT key is
used to abort or cancel whatever operation is being conducted.
6. LAMP Key. The LAMP key controls the backlighting of the CADU display. When externally powered,
pressing the LAMP key will toggle the lamp OFF or ON, which will provide display lighting in darkened
environments. When the CADU is operating on battery power the LAMP key must be pressed and held
for display lighting.
Real Time Clock (H:M:S)
Return or go
menu (see text)
ON/OFF switch to
and keypad for
Go forward or
insert a menu
Arrow keys to
instructions for current task
Prints screen display if connected
to a printer, otherwise stores
F1, F2, F3, F4 soft function
keys for multiple functions
Keypad to enter
Change sign for